Emergency Supplies : Create an emergency supply kit for your pet, your car, and your workplace or school.
Disasters can strike when you are away from home. If your office or school does not have an emergency kit, offer to help make one. The kit should include:
- First aid supplies
- Flashlights or light sticks
- Building emergency procedures
- Building maps showing evacuation and shelter areas
- Pens or pencils
- Signs with the words “Need Help” and “All Clear”
- Clipboard with class/staff names
Make or buy an emergency kit for your car. If you travel with your pet regularly, make sure that you have an emergency kit for them as well. Some items to think about for your car kit are: a small first aid kit, flashlight or light sticks, flares or reflective cones, a blanket, cell phone charger, jumper cables, bottled water, non-perishable snacks, and a “help” flag or brightly colored cloth that can be tied to the antenna.