Emergency Supplies : Gather your emergency supplies in an accessible place.
Have a go bag ready if you have to shelter in place or evacuate your home. Your go bag can be part of your emergency kit, just make sure it is in a bag or easy to carry container and that it is easy to get to.
Think about these items for your go bag:
- Battery powered radio and extra batteries
- Flashlight with extra batteries
- Lightweight blankets
- Emergency information, including insurance policies
- A list of medications and correct dosage, and doctor’s names
- Personal items such as toothbrushes, soap, extra glasses, etc.
- First aid kit
- Change of clothing
- Non-perishable snacks
- Books, cards or magazines to pass the time
Consider these additional items for infants and children:
- Baby formula and food
- Baby wipes
- Blanket or toy
Consider these additional items for medical conditions:
- Empty pill bottle(s) or a list of current medications
- Your doctor’s phone number
*Make sure you update your go bag when your medications change.
- Pet food & water
- Collar with ID tags
- Pet medication(s)
- Pet carriers and leashes
- Medical records from vet
- Photos of your pet
- Microchip information